Wednesday, March 1, 2017

The Neverending Knit Blanket

I'm referring, of course, to the Beekeeper's Quilt.
I first started this blanket years ago, while we still lived in Japan. At the time, I had calculated how many hexipuffs I would need to create a twin-sized quilt, and the goal was to complete it by the time Clinton graduated high school.
I have another 14 years, I might still make it.

I'm not even sure these are all of them.
But the reality is, these little hexipuffs can get downright annoying. Sure, they're very portable (I even have a nifty little traveling hexipuff kit), and they only take about 30 minutes to create one, but I've gotten burnt out on them at least twice. At this point, I'm only going to use leftover fingering weight yarn to create them - but still, the going is very slow.
The traveling hexipuff kit!
And eventually, I'm going to have to arrange them all and seam them...well, that will be a labor of love, and it's still at least a decade away, so maybe I shouldn't worry about it right now. Instead, I'll just need to figure out a way to stay motivated on knitting these little puffs (and continuing to find ways to keep them out of the hands of cats and kids).

No comments:

Post a Comment