Sunday, February 12, 2017

Weekend Wind-Up

On Saturday, I finally made it to an event at my local yarn store (LYS), Mirage Fiber Arts. It was Brunch Knitting, and if you imagine that means people knitting and crocheting while eating french toast and drinking coffee and mimosas - you're absolutely right.
I made a lot of progress on my Onodrim shawl. I'm about halfway through it, now, and I might even finish it before my birthday...oh, wait, that's next weekend. Probably not going to happen. But I might finish by the end of the month. That's a more realistic goal. Did I mention I'm using madelinetosh Tosh Sock to make this? The colorway is "leopard".

I'm also working on a giant cowl, which is also crocheted lace. This is made from Blue Sky Fibers Metalico, which is 50% alpaca/50% silk and really soft to work with. I've caught myself snuggling with it already, and I need to just finish it so I can wear it. What's that? I live in Las Vegas, and the temperature has been creeping up towards the 70's already? Yes, I know. I also know that the movie theatres and restaurants like to keep their air conditioning set at "arctic". I'll still get plenty of use out of a cowl, even in the spring and summer (and fall).

My other big accomplishments from this weekend involved laundry and vacuuming, which are not nearly as fun as crocheting and knitting...but that doesn't stop me from feeling accomplished about them. Especially as I rescued a couple of stitch markers from the vacuum (after they'd been eaten by the couch).

There's also the part where I picked up my order of Girl Scout cookies, and didn't immediately consume an entire box. Instead, I hid them from the family stored them carefully in the freezer. This time next week, we'll see how many are left...

No comments:

Post a Comment