Tuesday, January 10, 2017

January Blues and a Pattern Tease

Well, I didn't think it was possible, but I've managed to ruin a batch of Rice Krispy Treats. Apparently, if you melt the butter and marshmallows at too high heat, they caramelize a bit and you wind up with rock-hard treats that do not want to be cut into smaller bars. It was my first time making these on our new range, and I guess the front burners really do burn hotter than the back ones. Whoops.
The good news is, 4-year-olds don't mind the giant-crisped-rice-marshmallow-brick, they just see an excuse to gnaw on a massive block of sugary goodness.

So it's mid-January, the holidays are behind us, the rest of winter still to come...so I decided it's time to roll out another pattern.


Is my nose really that long?  Maybe it's the angle. Tim was my photographer - he grouses about it, but he does a pretty decent job.

I'm calling this one Wintersong. It's in testing, right now. And it will be released before the end of the month, if all goes according to plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment