Saturday, March 10, 2012

I get to do whatever I want? All day long?

Tim woke me up this morning by bringing me breakfast and coffee. An hour later he decided he'd been awake for too long (about 20 hours, as near as I can guess), and went to bed.

So what did I do?

-3 loads of laundry. This may sound mundane, but it's a big deal to me. Our Japanese washing machine is small capacity, and the dryer is so tiny it can't handle more than 3kg.
That's one towel.
So everything has to be line-dried (which I prefer, to be honest)...and given the recent rainy weather we've had, the clothes usually hang on my drying rack in the LDK, which really only has space for about 2 loads.
Today was nice and sunny and warm, so I was able to hang everything outside. That means I was able to wash more clothes.

-Watched movies starring Heath Ledger. Specifically, "10 Things I Hate About You" and "A Knight's Tale." I love both of these movies; if you haven't seen the first, it's a modern retelling of Shakespeare's "Taming of the Shrew" and it is hilarious. If you haven't seen the second, it's an adventure movie about a would-be knight set in the middle ages, with a classic rock soundtrack-which I believe just adds to its awesomeness.

-Started another quilt. This one came at my husband's request; I was playing with colored pencils and graph paper last month, and he liked the look. His exact words were: "That is so asymmetrical it's symmetrical. You should make that next."

Then I saw Kate Spain's Good Fortune line of fabric and I knew I had to. So the fabric pictured above is being chopped up and re-sewn into something big enough to be a bedspread.

No comments:

Post a Comment