Sunday, January 15, 2012

Weekend Wind-Up

Remember last Sunday, I showed you my City View quilt top & said I'd have it complete this weekend?
I succeeded.
I'm convinced there has to be an easier way to finish binding, though...every reference I've read, says to machine stitch the binding to the front of the quilt, then hand-stitch to the back. It works, but...I'm not a very patient person. It took about 6 hours to hand-sew. I need to do some experimenting on this.

I also finished a crochet beret:


I think, if I make this again, I'm going to add a couple rounds to make it wider.

So, two projects down...just another 6 to go. Of course, a few more projects will surely be added before the list gets down to 4 (especially since Mom is commissioning a hat, and I ordered the yarn for Tim's Babette afghan as soon as he approved the color scheme). I like to stay busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment