Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Over the Hump

It's Wednesday. We're more than halfway to the weekend.
I wish I had more to write about, but really that's about it. Work is a grind. My evenings are spent browsing the internet, watching Big Bang Theory on DVD, and crocheting.
Oh, add sewing this week.
I found a pattern in the Winter 2011 issue of Simple Quilts & Sewing for fabric produce bags made from fat quarters, and I decided to give it a go. I've had some green batik yardage hanging around the craft bin for a long time (I think it was intended for pillowcases, but I bought it so long ago I don't remember.) Anyway, the pattern was ridiculously simple and I think each one took me about 20 minutes, and some of that time was waiting for the iron to get hot.
Here's what I finished with:
They're on the smallish size, but I fit two bottles of water, a notebook, colored pencils and a tylenol bottle in one of them just fine. Tim figured out they are the perfect size for an egg carton, too.

I might try making some larger ones. Next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment