Wednesday, December 28, 2011

On the 4th day of Christmas...

...I decided I'd better post again.

Christmas was wonderfully low-key. Tim and I exchanged presents, we had a skype conversation with my family, and then he started playing Skyrim while I played with the new yarn.

Oh, yes. New yarn. Mom was quite generous and sent me 4 hanks of Berroco Voyage, which immediately was crocheted into the Sagramor Cowl:
It's very, very warm.
And I'm apparently the first person (after the designer, of course) to make this on Ravelry.

I still have just enough yarn left over to make a hat...just looking for a pattern.

Today, I started working on some quilt blocks again. This time, it's using the Northern Cardinals jelly roll that I bought at half-price earlier in the month. (Thank you,  Fat Quarter Shop!) It's my first real attempt at strip-piecing:




I actually have two jelly rolls from the same collection. I'm thinking I'd like to make both the front and the back of this quilt pieced. Still working out the design for the back, but I'm leaning towards a rail-fence or streak-o-lightning design. I'm also still waiting on the batting I ordered, so I've got some time to play around with ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment