Thursday, November 24, 2011

Post-Thanksgiving

Ok, back in the States everyone is either cooking dinner or eating dinner.
Here, it's early Friday morning, and at my house everyone is awake after the requisite post-turkey nap. Although, the restaurant where we had dinner had much better roast beef than turkey, so I supposed it should be called the post-dinner nap. Yes, we had Thanksgiving dinner at a restaurant. No, I didn't cook a turkey myself. We don't have an oven.

I'm very thankful for a number of things this year:
1) I have a very wonderful family.
2) I have a 4-day weekend--especially nice considering that since I arrived, I have not had more than one day off at a time.
3) I have the two most wonderful cats on the planet (even if they do shed their weight in fur each month)
4) I have several boxes full of yarn with which to crochet fun stuff like afghans....

Speaking of which, I have been working on quite a few crochet projects. Some of them have even been completed.
For example:
This was the "practice" Crochet Kingston Hat, by Teresa Richardson. The practice was done using Caron Simply Soft yarn.
And this one was the "real deal":
Made using Berroco Lustra. I've had 4 balls of this stuff sitting in my stash drawers, waiting for the right project. Well, it's getting pretty cold here and I wanted a cool-looking, yet warm, hat. It took less than one ball of yarn, and then I had a lot left over, so...




I made this scarf to match it. It is very warm. Which is good, because our house is very cold. I definitely miss California right now. I miss central heating even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment